Government of Kerala is inviting applications from experienced professionals and motivated youngsters to its one-year Technology Innovation Fellowship by Kerala Start-up Mission. The program aims at bringing people together who are curious and passionate about creating a start-up eco-system, having a diverse background and can communicate well with both technical and non-technical people. The team whole together work towards the Government’s mission of making Kerala a vibrant hub of tech start-ups and talent pool skilled in emerging technologies.
To achieve the goal of fellowship, selected fellows will be assigned to worth with KSUM, other Government bodies, start-ups and other stakeholders, industry leaders and associations. Each fellow will be provided mentorship and necessary connections by a mentor or a host institute.
Objectives of the Fellowship by Kerala Start-up Mission
- Identify people with the potential to create an impact in the various focus areas of KSUM through advocacy and active implementation
- Identify and bring people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives together to achieve the common goal of promoting tech entrepreneurship.
- Support motivated people with the necessary knowledge, connects and guide them to achieve goals set forth in the fellowship program
Outcomes for the fellowship by Kerala Start-up Mission
At the end of one year, fellows are expected to
- Be identified as the go-to-person in Kerala for people, organizations & communities operating in their area they chose
- Create and lead spin-off programs which aligns with the goals of Startup Mission. KSUM will support them through community grants and other relevant schemes.
- Get placed in organizations which are partnering with KSUM for achieving various fellowship objectives
Fellowship Program Outline
Each fellow will be assigned a reporting officer and a host institute based on their project.
- About KSUM, its objectives, and existing programs
- Orientation on how to work with the Govt. and KSUM to create programs and interventions for tech entrepreneurs
- Connecting with organizational partners and stakeholders for various fellowships
- The setting of the expectations and activity plan for the fellowship duration
Weekly checking in (with the reporting officer and host institute)
Monthly Fellowship Meet-up (beginning of every month)
- Presentation of past month progress and plan for next month
- Reorienting the goals and approach based on the progress, challenges, and opportunities
Monthly publishing of work
Quarterly review with CEO, KSUM
The opportunity is open for other state candidates also.
- Research Fellow for Future Lab ( 2 Position)
- Senior Fellow- Startup Investment (1 Position), Women Empowerment (1 Position), and Product Commercialization (1 Position)
- Incubation Fellow (2 Position)
- IEDC Fellow (4 Position)